The economy sucks…and I can’t do anything about it.
I have a knack for writing, editing and formatting resumes for my friends, family, and even former co-workers. If you need some help with your resume, I really want to help you. Here’s some quick tips, but feel free to leave a comment and I’ll email you if you need additional help:
- Customize your email for the job you are applying for. Each job requirement is different – so should your resume!
- Keep it to one page if at all possible.
- Keep it clean and SPELL CHECK!!!!
- Focus on your skills and strengths – not your daily tasks and duties.
- You are marketing yourself so be creative and make your experience jump off of the page.
- Reach out to placement agencies and head hunters. They have trusted relationships with tons of companies. Many companies won’t hire anyone unless it’s through a placement agency or head hunter.
- Convert your resume to PDF before sending. MS Word formatting doesn’t always “keep”.
- For examples, templates and more tips, visit Resume Resource.
In addition to helping with your resume, I’ll pray that you find a job – a GREAT job!