My mind and emotions have been swimming in the deep end lately. I can’t believe I haven’t posted in 2 weeks. That’s the longest I’ve ever gone without spilling my guts for the world to read.
I think it’s time for some spillage, but I can’t seem to get my thoughts in order. Tomorrow, I will have a good post. I promise. I’m not a dead link. And I’m not a mom blog (even though I can hardly keep my mind of my precious little baby girl, June). Here’s what happened in the past 2 weeks:
- We felt June kick on the outside of my tummy for the first time – magical.
- We had house guests from Missouri.
- We are welcoming Joshua White into our home tonight. This will be our first “face-to-face” with anyone from the internets.
- My face has gotten fatter – I’m fairly sure of this even though my friends swear it’s not true.
- French fries make my feet swell up, but I can’t seem to stay away from them.
- I started watching the HBO series, Big Love. It’s just wrong.
- We had a snow storm and 2 snow days.
- God taught me some lessons.
- I miss my blog friends.
Is there such a thing as reasonable fear with the Lord?
I hear statements like, “Every good parent worries for their child.” and I can’t help but wonder if it’s true. Fear is the opposite of faith…so are we just comforting ourselves and making excuses for our fear?
I want to live FREE of fear and the promises in the Word tell me I can. Right???!?!?!?!?!
The economy sucks…and I can’t do anything about it.
I have a knack for writing, editing and formatting resumes for my friends, family, and even former co-workers. If you need some help with your resume, I really want to help you. Here’s some quick tips, but feel free to leave a comment and I’ll email you if you need additional help:
- Customize your email for the job you are applying for. Each job requirement is different – so should your resume!
- Keep it to one page if at all possible.
- Keep it clean and SPELL CHECK!!!!
- Focus on your skills and strengths – not your daily tasks and duties.
- You are marketing yourself so be creative and make your experience jump off of the page.
- Reach out to placement agencies and head hunters. They have trusted relationships with tons of companies. Many companies won’t hire anyone unless it’s through a placement agency or head hunter.
- Convert your resume to PDF before sending. MS Word formatting doesn’t always “keep”.
- For examples, templates and more tips, visit Resume Resource.
In addition to helping with your resume, I’ll pray that you find a job – a GREAT job!
It’s OK to:
- Not blog for a week
- Watch TV all night long with your hubby and neglect the dishes, laundry and dirty bathrooms
- Admit that some parts of pregnancy suck
- Avoid the person that makes comments about certain body parts getting bigger
- To be nervous that you won’t get to buy yourself new clothes because you’ll be buying new clothes for the baby
- To be hungry at 8 am, 11 am, 12:30 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm, and 9 pm
- To ask your hubby get you water, your special pillow, your laptop, a snack and the remote (in the course of 10 minutes)
Anything you need to remind yourself not to feel guilty about???
Since I’m so forgetful lately, I’ve made a list of things I continually try to remind myself of…unfortunately, my reminder usually comes too late:
- Going to work in yesterday’s makeup is NEVER a good idea.
- You like peas now that you’re pregnant.
- You don’t like onions now.
- When you have to pee in the middle of the night, it’s not as easy to “roll” out of bed.
- You put your keys in your jacket pocket last night instead of in your purse.
- Go ahead and get the size Medium in maternity clothes instead of the XXL in regular clothes, you’ll feel better about yourself.
- When you feel tired on Wednesday and you call Mark to tell him you’re not coming to church, you will regret it.