I guess I’m not technically a “writer”, but this blog is my haven and the people here are my support group. I cannot think of a topic or a darn thing to write. So I leave you with some words from my wacky mother:
- “If you can think it up, it has probably been done already.” – in response to my incessant “what if” questions.
- “Remember to smile.” – when I would walk toward her with a frown
- “I wasn’t calling you…maybe it was the Lord trying to get your attention.” – when I would come to her because I thought she had called my name.
- “You can’t remember? Maybe it was a lie.” – if I was going to tell her something and then I couldn’t remember what I was going to say. I really hated when she said this because it WASN’T a lie – ha!
- “Some folks are so heaven minded they are no earthly good.” – oh…that’s a good one!
- “Slow down, no one is going to steal your food.” – when I would hoover my food in a matter of seconds…little did she know that my big brothers and sister DID steal my food!!!
- “All you need is love.” – in response to not having money or being in a difficult situation. This is probably the best advice I’ve ever gotten.
- “Just say the name of Jesus.” – when I would get scared at night.
Did your mom ever tell you something over and over again??!?!?