Yesterday, I was some sick with some bad throat pain and swelling. I ended up driving Mark to work and hanging with the Elevate crew for a while. I got to peek in on what ministry is like on a typical church day. It was really inspiring to see a few things happen in our ministry at ORCC:
- Teresa, my amazing friend who just lost her dad, came by and several people hugged, loved, and comforted her
- Pastor Aaron, our fearless worship leader, spent time with a young muscian who just wanted swing by to jam on the acoustic guitar for a bit
- Mark, my incredible husband and talented (but humble) band leader, focused on his heart before worshiping
- Kate, my beautiful friend and Associate Children’s Pastor, made time to love on Teresa and catch up with me
- Chrissie, my friend and faithful Elevate intern, stepped in where she was needed and graciously picked up for Teresa in a time of need
This was all in a couple of hours of work at our chuch. If this is just a glimse of the amazing people and love flowing from this ministry, then I know I’m in the right place.
Let’s encourage those who work at making our churches and ministries a success.